Monday, May 2, 2011

Lunesito Bonito: Childrens

I totally didn't just bludgeon those two children at my feet. They are simply begging for foto class to never end!

 Young children are sometimes the most friendly and excited people I interact with around here because their friendliness is not yet mitigated by cynicism or resentment toward my kind (read: tourists and/or long-term extranjeros and/or do-gooders working in NGOlandia.)  Children are also more bound by etiquette to greet me politely because I am older than them (HA!). As I have taught various classes over the months here, I've grown a little group of kiddos who don't mind saying Hola to me and often get excited when I run into them around town. Some are affectionate and hilarious and scream with delight when you pick them up and spin them around (like every child in the whole world, obviously.)

For awhile, my neighbor children and their cousins figured out they could come visit me and I would let them use my art supplies and sometimes make them snacks if they demanded it. While this was fun for awhile, I seem to have nipped it in the bud finally by telling them they could not hang out with me because I was cooking or cleaning or eating or tired.  I ain't no damn one-woman daycare center! 

But, in conclusion, the kids here make me smile: Roni, Wendy, Hassan, Mabel, Chaska, Yamilay, Libertad, Carina, Kriskiringis, Josue, Brian, Rodri, Davey and many more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment