Monday, May 30, 2011

(Late night) Lunesito Bonito: Cookies


So, obviously cookies exist in the United States and are even readily available, as they are here, in small snack size packages at every grocery store or gas station.  What makes cookies a particularly Peruvian part of my life here is the ritual: that I can walk to the market or to the tienda and select from the many existing varieties and flavors. Not only CAN I do this, but I DO do this several times a week, sometimes daily, sometimes it's what I eat for lunch (along with drinkable yogurt).  On the contrary, I rarely allow myself the pleasure of mindless junk food in the U.S. and I have not gone to a gas station on foot intent on buying food since I was in middle school.  And somehow I lose weight while I'm here, it is a mystery.

Anywho, you may say to yourself: I don't understand, that photo up there does not really prominently showcase cookies nor is it even of very high quality. Or you may additionally ask yourself: who are those very handsome people, and, is that man holding a giant jar of peanut butter?  Well, the photo is chosen because it showcases every Battlestar Galactica fan's favorite brand of cookie FRACS! Additionally, you should already recognize the very comely Jessica and Will, our housemates.  And yes, that is a jar of peanut butter for Will's dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment