Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dranks for cold times

I think this drink I found in Old Mr. Boston's guide sounds tasty. I like the name especially; it walks the line between clever and cutesy. Also it seems very accurate.

Angel's Wing
1/3 oz. Creme de Cacao
1/3 oz. Brandy
1/3 oz. Sweet Cream

Pour ingredients carefully, in order given, so that they do not mix. Use a Pousse Café glass.

Speaking of brandy, also...


Brandy Alexander
1.5 oz. brandy
1 oz. dark creme de cacao
1 oz. half and half
grated nutmeg

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine all but nutmeg. Shake well. Strain into cocktail glass and garnish with nutmeg. (Or just pour them in a glass and stir it up on the rocks, in my opinion.) I've also heard of fresh mint or ginger or orange peel in the place of nutmeg.


No comments:

Post a Comment