I am almost done with AmeriCorps. My last day was July 31 but you didn't think I would get EVERYTHING done by the deadline did you?
I painted an awesome mural with some awesome high school students.
I went to the beautiful wedding of my friends Emily and Mark in the company of Noah and had a fantastic reunion with the lovely Julia, Gesse, Deborah, Ashley and Virginia as a result. We drove across the state of Washington twice, endured Perkins and extreme dry heat (I got a bloody nose at one point) and danced a lot. Adding to the friend tally, we hung out with Jeff back in Seattle and did photostrips. Gesse, Julia, Noah and I went to Archie McPhee and played Scattergories. Finally, like ships eating tapas in the night, Kramer and Noah and I enjoyed a delicious feast of rabbit, oxtail, octopus, mushrooms, clams and artichokes at a Spanish restaurant, followed by exhausted reluctant-to-leave beverages in a basement.
Then I went to bed and woke up sort of nauseous but took a shower and fell back asleep. I woke up this morning and my body felt like it had unobtrusively conquered the poison and now I am left with sore stomach and calf muscles (why?).
Now I am at work even though I am no longer working, it's been a productive tying up of loose ends.
Next, I move on to sorting and packing all my possessions so I can go move to Cazadero, CA and share a room with a stranger. For the new job: take some online training courses, get a TB test, buy some khaki pants.
Tomorrow, I am going to the dentist to have about 20 cavities filled.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh I should have read this before I wrote 'how u doin' in that email.
ReplyDeleteWhat are you doing wearing khaki pants in Cazadero?
ReplyDelete